We take our business activity seriously. The following principles underpin our approach to respecting our and your privacy.
- All copyright and intellectual property rights in text, images, sound, software and other materials on this site are owned by Aegean Naturals or are included with permission of the relevant owner.
- You are permitted to browse this site and to reproduce extracts only for non-commercial, informational and personal purposes. No reproduction of any part of the site may be sold or distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication or site, whether in hard copy or electronic format, including posting to any other site. No other license or right is granted.
- The information on this site has been included in good faith but is for general informational purposes only. It should not be relied on for any specific purpose and no representation or warranty is given about its accuracy or completeness.
- Neither Aegean Naturals nor its employees or associates shall be liable for any loss, damage or expense arising out of any access to or use of this site or any site linked to it including, without limitation, any loss of profit, indirect, incidental or consequential loss.
- We value the trust that you place in us by giving us your personal information. We will always use your personal information in a way that is fair and worthy of that trust.
- We will provide clear information about how we use your personal information. We shall always be transparent with you about what information we collect, what we do with it, with whom we share it and who you should contact if you have any concerns.
- We will take all reasonable steps to protect your information from misuse and keep it secure.
- We will comply with all applicable data protection laws and regulations and we will co-operate with data protection authorities. In the absence of data protection legislation, we will act in accordance with generally accepted principles governing data protection.
This Privacy Notice explains the types of personal information we collect and how we use, disclose and protect that information.
What does this Privacy Notice apply to?
This Privacy Notice applies to personal information collected by the Aegean Naturals Company of companies in connection with the services they offer. This includes information collected offline through our selling points, direct marketing campaigns, competitions and online through our website and social media accounts.
This Privacy Notice also applies to targeted Aegean Naturals content, including offers and advertisements for Aegean Naturals products and services, which we (or a service provider acting on our behalf) may send to you on third party websites, platforms and applications (“Third Party Sites”) based on your Site Usage Information (as defined below). These Third-Party Sites may have their own privacy policies and terms and conditions. We encourage you to read them before using those Third-Party Sites.
This Privacy Notice is hereby incorporated into and forms part of the terms and conditions of use of the applicable Aegean Naturals Site. For information about the Aegean Naturals company responsible for protecting your personal information, see Your privacy rights and who to contact below.
By using the Aegean Naturals Site, you are consenting to the relevant Aegean Natural company collecting, using and disclosing your personal information in accordance with this Privacy Notice. If you do not agree to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information in this way, please do not use the Aegean Natural Site or otherwise provide the company with your personal information.
Aegean Naturals will only collect, use or disclose your personal information where it is fair and lawful to do so. In most cases, we will ask for your consent explicitly but, in some cases, we may infer consent from your actions and behaviour. We may ask you to provide additional consent if we need to use your personal information for purposes not covered by this Privacy Notice. You are not obliged to provide such consent but if you decide not to then your participation in certain activities may be restricted. If you provide additional consent, the terms of that consent shall prevail in the event of any conflict with the terms of this Privacy Notice.
Please note, however, that we may process your personal information without consent if we have a legitimate reason to do so, provided that such use will not have a prejudicial effect on your own rights, freedoms and interests. Any such use shall be in accordance with the Aegean Naturals Privacy Principles set out above.
What information do we collect?
In this Privacy Notice, your “personal information” means information or pieces of information that could allow you to be identified. This typically includes information such as your name, address, screen name, profile picture, email address, and telephone number, but can also include other information such as IP address, shopping habits, information about your lifestyle or preferences such as your hobbies and interests. We may collect personal information about you from various sources.
How do we use your personal information?
We may use your personal information to:
- improve our products and your experience on our Site.
- to contact you regarding products and services which may be of interest to you, or you have previously requested a product or service from us and the communication is relevant or related to that prior request and made within any timeframes established by applicable laws.
- to provide you with products or services that you request from us.
Who do we share your personal information with?
Aegean Naturals is a consumer goods company – producer and distributor – with products sold in all over Greece and abroad. Being a company with a global business scope, Aegean Naturals may share your personal information with trusted third parties based outside the country in which you live so that they may process that data on our behalf.
We may also share your personal information with companies, organisations or individuals outside of the Aegean Naturals company, if we believe that disclosure of the information is necessary for legal reasons.
Transferring your personal information
We may transfer your personal information to servers located outside the country in which you live or to affiliates or other trusted third parties based in other countries so that they may process personal information on our behalf. By using the Aegean Naturals Site or otherwise providing Aegean Naturals with personal information, you agree to us doing so in accordance with the terms of this Privacy Notice and applicable data protection laws and regulations.
You should be aware that many countries do not afford the same legal protection to personal information as you might enjoy in your country of origin. While your personal information is in another country, it may be accessed by the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities in that country in accordance with its laws. Subject to such lawful access requests, we promise that anyone processing your personal information outside your country of origin is required to implement measures to protect it and is only entitled to process it in accordance with Aegean Naturals’ instructions.
Safeguarding your personal information
We take all reasonable precautions to keep your personal information secure and require any third parties that handle or process your personal information for us to do the same. Access to your personal information is restricted to prevent unauthorised access, modification or misuse and is only permitted among our employees and agents on a need-to-know basis.
Your privacy rights and who to contact
If you have any questions, comments or concerns about how we handle your personal information, then you may contact us by clicking the Contact Us link on the Aegean Naturals Site that directed you to this Privacy Notice. Your request will be directed to the appropriate department.
You have the right to tell us if you:
- don’t want to be contacted in the future by us.
- would like us to correct, update, or delete your personal information in our records.
- wish to report any misuse of your personal information.
To assist us in dealing with your request, please provide your full name and details.
Changes to our Privacy Notice